BBT is looking to recruit an experienced Network Engineer who can design, implement and support all optical and IP-based network infrastructures across the BBT Customer Network.
- A solid understanding of Layer 1 through Layer 3 network services and technologies, including Internet routing protocols, DWDM, GPON, and transport systems CCNA and/or CompTIA Network+ certificate desired.
- Knowledge of networking technologies and components such as switches, routers and firewalls.
- Knowledge of customer device networking (LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi)
- Knowledge of VoIP technologies (SIP routing, router configurations, QoS relationships between packet health and voice quality, etc.)
- Ability to read PCAPs utilizing Wireshark.Instruct and update Service Technicians on new services and features.
- Travel to annual training and Vendor conventions as needed.
- Prioritize and re-prioritize as needed in a fast-paced working environment, especially when dealing with time sensitive issues and mandated deadlines
Applicant may be required to work overtime or on weekends and holidays as needed and may be required to attend out-of-town training and/or meetings requiring travel by car, bus, plane or other means of transportation and overnight stays.
For more information about open positions, visit www.bigbend.net/employment.
This company participates in E-Verify.
Please mail a current resume to
BBT, Attn: HR
808 N. 5th St.
Alpine, TX 79830
Or email resume to: HR@bigbend.com
Please no phone calls.